Tuesday 3 November 2009

Farty Cat in My Office


So, I've woken up in the middle of the night traumatised by Norman the cat's trumpy bum and now can't sleep.....


Ok, so only part of that sentence is true -

1. Yes, I do have a trumpy arsed cat living in my office that whiffs for Britain and I can't open a window cos he'd 'do one'

2. Yes, I have woken up in the middle of the night, hence the blogging

3. Is it all because of Norman? No. It's that whole gala thing.


I've woken up cos I'm having a volunteer crisis and pretty much exhausted every avenue I can think of. I know that they say 'it'll be alright on the night', and I don't doubt it will, but I'll be so glad when it's over. Just to give you a flavour of how much it has taken over my mind... my parting conversation with hubby tonight as I drifted off to sleep was....

"Do I serve the cup cakes individually or on platters to the tables?"

He rightly shrugged his shoulders and said "whatever". I keep saying never again to myself but I know I will happen all over again next year and with nobs on. But for the time being, if I could just ease my woes with helpers I'd be a lot happier.


So, let me tell you about Norman - poor lad's a shabby looking cat. We think his whiff-a-roos are due to a change in diet - decent diet that is. All I know is that an Inspector had a call to a home with 5 cats in varying poor states - Norman, bless him, has blocked tear ducts and his skin below his eyes is red raw and crusted from constant running and no care paid to it - ouch. But, despite all this, he is sooooo affectionate, you just have to hold your breathe! We have 2 others from the home but have sadly run out of space to take in the remaining two.


Last week we were able to say yes to I think 5 or 6 new cats, but the majority have turned out to be unwell and in need of rehabilitation first, like Jess, a beautiful torty girl who is recovering from neutering only to have infected her wound because she has such severe gum disease and now needs many of her teeth removing. Bless her heart, she was slathering everywhere when she came into us post op - so we whipped her off to our vets and discovered her dental problem. Antibiotics are really helping with the drooling and she seems a lot happier cat but both she and Norman are homeless cos we've run out of foster carers so they are living in our offices - yippeee for me!


I'm saddened today cos my Tilly Looney girl has not gone to her new home. We delayed her adoption a couple of weeks ago due to an eye infection but ever since then we have been ringing and ringing the person who wanted her and they have never returned out calls - so we have concluded they are avoiding us and don't want her any more. How could they, that's my baby! But Tilly Looney is being fostered so at least she'll be getting the attention and love that she needs. I love Tilly Looney - hubby said I couldn't keep her - meany!


But, probably the best news of all to share is that our last longest stay dog, Ben (pictured), may have found himself a home with friends of the people who adopted Roma. A home visit is being done this week with the idea of a month trail fostering him with a view to adoption - so I only hope his winning personality shines through. Please keep your paws crossed.