Thursday 12 November 2009

Lost my mojo







The gala has sapped every last bit of umph out of me and I've been struggling to get on line to update you all. I have never worked so hard in my life and the two days of washing up I had to do afterwards was just the icing on the cake, but, whinging aside, it was a huge success. We sold out and we had a fabulous crowd of 150 people attend with some really lovely and generous spirited people on the night too.

Above all the team of volunteers were just the tops - I have never had to ask volunteers to work so hard before but they rose to the occasion and then some. I can honestly it was the most amazing effort by all concerned, but I am so glad it's all over and the words 'never again' just ring thru my head over and over again!
However, it was a resounding success, qualified by the amazing number of emails and and calls and texts from people saying how fab it was - which is so nice of people to take the trouble to contact us.
So, I am pleased to tell you that with ticket sales and sponsorship we started the night being £1000 in profit and raised another £1,250 from the sale of drinks, raffle tickets and auction prizes, so in total we raised the phenomenal sum of £2,250 - which is simply tremendous.
But I sooooo want to stay in bed for a week.