Saturday 5 December 2009

Hello Sailor!






I love it! I've been waiting to use that title all week, just hadn't had a moment to do the blog any sooner. Yes, you guessed it, it's my day off so it means catch up time on the things I love best, namely titnterweb.

So, I have to tell you all about our dog Sailor. It seemed only fitting that I told you about our abandoned dogs after I told you all about our abandoned cats the other day. But before I do, I have to tell you that my grown up Kitten Tilly Looney found a home as a result of my abandoned cats blog - so you never know, there might be someone out there for one of dogs too.

Well, let me tell you that things aren't much better for our dogs - here's some of guys and girls who've been cruelly dumped by their owners:

Sailor, now he is an odd one. Originally called Sniper - yes, as in gunman! How bloody awful is that. He was signed over to an RSPCA Inspector as he was underweight and under nourished and not getting the care that he deserved, and yes, he came from an area with high gun crime.

Sailor is a very lively dog and will benefit from training, any training in fact! I just have that sinking feeling that he will prove to be a long stayer, but let's hope someone takes a shine to his cheeky face. He is approx 3 years old and I'm sure you will agree he is a German Shepherd cross Collie!

Ah, next up is Sasha. Give me a staffie or a rotti and I go weak at the knees. When Sasha's owners moved out of their property they left her, a Japanese Akita, a staffie and Bichon Frisse behind. How sad. We got Sasha and Henry the Bichon and another Branch got the other. So, thankfully, they all got rescued before starving to death. A home visit is being done for Henry today so it is our beautiful girl that finds herself homeless.

Sasha is as bright as a button; she loves to play ball and lollop around in the paddock and is a typical fun loving girl and will make a brilliant addition to any one's family, although with her being a big girl she will need someone capable of handling her on the lead.

I love Rottis! Rottis are the best! Adopt a Rotti today!

Finally, for now, is Prince. His story is just tragic, and probably upsets me more than any others. He was tied up outside a supermarket (I think it was Asda in Wythenshawe but can't swear to it, actually it could have been Longsight but I know was definitely an Asda in Mcr), anyway, he was there for hours waiting for his owner to come back, and he never did. Can you imagine what was going through that poor guy's mind, hour after hour just anxiously waiting....oh it breaks my heart just thinking of his anguish.

One of the Inspectors was called out to collect him because it was a clear case of abandonment i.e. not a stray dog, and so Prince came into our care. He's been with us a few weeks now and much to our surprise is still waiting for a home. He is approx 4 years old and a very handsome German Shepherd. He had a terrible ear infection that, once cleaned up and treated, revealed a polyp, which has now been removed - the poor lad would really have been suffering so at least we've been able to alleviate his pain. We think Prince would really enjoy the chance to run around a nice being enclosed garden and go for lovely long walks - can you give him the life he deserves?

Well, let's hope that all our dogs' Christmas wishes come true and they find a home for life this Christmas.