Thursday 21 January 2010

Rabbit Milk - Under the Radar

Yesterday morning I was greeted by the horror that rabbits are being farmed in Holland for their milk for some vague excuse of saving humans from dying. Aside from the fact that we are all going to die, and I just don't get our obsession with trying to under do nature's way, the idea of farming a rabbit for it's milk is just repugnant and so I had to share it with you.

I got sent a link to listen to a report about it on Farming Today on BBC Radio. In the report was news that mice have been 'milked' too. I urge you to check it out at: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00ppsv55
scroll to around 11 minutes and 15 seconds in and you've got it.

If, by the time you read this the link is gone then try this newspaper article: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life/health-fitness/health/Soon-rabbit-milk-to-help-treat-heart-patients-/articleshow/5455564.cms

I swear this is no April Fool, it really is man and science gone revoltingly wrong, again.